Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday Driver

Like a Sunday driver, I am touring my music collection at a leisurely pace, caring nothing for the ears of others.

Death Cab For Cutie - Narrow Stairs: I can say I enjoyed "Bixby Canyon Bridge", if only for that wonderful guitar the distinctive sound of the vocalist. The second track, "I Will Possess Your Heart" appeals, lyrically, but it's too long at 8:27! The next song "No Sunlight" is a sweet pop piece with time of 2:42. It's no single, I think: too generic. No real signature sound here.

Dave Gahan - Hourglass: It was released in 2007 and I still can't listen all the way through. I have a three song max on this disc. I want to love this album, but I get bored really fast.

KieTheVez - Non-Binary - Oh, oh, oh! I bought every CD I could get from these Swedish boys...I love this act. Always will, so I can't say anything bad about them. This is a synth act that can't record a bad song (except one: a poor cover. Email me if you want to know what it is). Anyway, the first track is dreamy and the second is leading us into a New Order like bass line realm with those distinctive KieTheVez layered, rising vocal. So perfect... meloncholy and uplifting at the same time! I love the Robert Smith inspired guitar. It's a great move for a synth-pop band.

The Birthday Massacre - Walking With Strangers -Me likey, but need more time for it. It might not be ground breaking, but it is a nice break from the dancey tracks and sugary pop for me. I miss the dark element that this band has.

No comments: