Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Club 8's "Jesus, walk with me"

http://www.labrador.se/mp3/club8-jesus_walk_with_me-remix_by_jimahl.mp3
CLUB 8 - JESUS, WALK WITH ME (Jimahl Remix) - MP3

The first offering in a short series of remixes of Club 8's "Jesus, walk with me". As the song shows the duo in their most wistful & melancholic mood it's fair to say it's not obvious choice for a remix. Never the less, Stockholm's Jimahl handles the task beautifully.

"Jimahl's 8-minute remix settles into chill-out mode at the start, with Komstedt's voice criss-crossed by sleepy four-four beats, prominent bass, and sighing electronics. More percussion and melodic snippets join as the song heads into the chorus, then settles back into a wistful, spacious groove, with just a few phrases shining out of the hypnotic mists." PITCHFORK

The original version appears on the critically acclaimed "The boy who couldn't stop dreaming" (..."songs about love and the fleeting nature of existence pack an emotional punch." **** Q)

- In summer 2007 Johan told me that Club 8 was planning a new album. Ever since that I spent most of my days wearing my Sennheiser headphones, plugged into my computer. I felt that I really had to improve my producing skills in order to match the vocals of Karolina. I planned to make an old-school house anthem (cause I´d love to hear Karolinas voice in that content), I planned to make a slow, ambient, space-case lullaby (I also could imagine her voice fitting rather well in that suit) but in the end it turned out to be something I didn´t plan at all. I guess it´s always like that when it comes to rock´n´roll.

Yours Truly/
Jimahl

"It is absolutely essential to own at least one Lp by this group. I'd probably suggest this one as the place to start, but you really can't go wrong.” 10 + INDIESPINZONE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this is an old post but I just stumbled on Sound of Arrows, did a search and came across your blog. What a great find! And I LOVE this song! Thanks for turning me onto it! Will be following you from this point on!

DJ Talbot said...

Thanks for the kind words, JC.
If you search the tag "Labrador" on my blog, you should find more links to similarly great acts!!!
Hope you can find me at:
http://www.myspace.com/likesugar

http://twitter.com/djtalbot

http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/profile.php?id=700576059